Anupam Mittal (Founder of Shaadi.com)
People Group is owned by Anupam Mittal, an Indian businessman, and entrepreneur. He is well known as the proprietor of the website Shaadi.com. He is currently in the spotlight as a shark on Sony Television’s business reality shows Shark Tank India. Anupam Mittal was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra on December 23, 1971. He also had his early schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai.
Anupam Mittal Education
He graduated from Boston College in Massachusetts, USA. From 1994 to 1997, he made substantial contributions to Operations and Strategic Management.
Anupam Mittal Family & Relationship
Anupam Mittal married popular model Aanchal Kumar in Rajasthan in 2013. They have one daughter, Alyssa Mittal.
Anupam Mittal is the son of Hari Mittal, an Indian civil official, and his wife, Mita Mittal. His father used to work for the Indian government as a civil official, which necessitated them to relocate throughout the country.
He has one sibling who is also an entrepreneur and owns Veeba Food Ventures Pvt Ltd.
Anupam Mittal Career
- Anupam joined several firms after completing his MBA. He worked for People Group, which owns Shaadi.com, Makaan.com, the Mauj Mobile App, and People Pictures.
- He is also the founder and co-chair of H2 India, as well as a founding member and previous administrator of India’s Internet and Mobile Association.
- Anupam Mittal, the creator of InMobi, a mobile advertising startup, is a serial entrepreneur. He is also the creator of AppLabs, which Google purchased in 2008 for $1.3 billion.
- Anupam Mittal established InMobi in 2007 and has received funding from investors including SoftBank Group, Sequoia Capital, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield& Byers. InMobi had raised more than $700 million in funding from investors as of 2017.
Anupam Mittal’s Shaadi.com
- Anupam Mittal launched shaadi.com in 1996 to provide a superior matching experience by broadening the opportunity to meet possible life partners.
- shaadi.com was relaunched as Shaadi.com throughout time, to assist individuals in finding happiness.
- Since then, the social networking site that specializes in matching has touched the lives of millions of people all over the world. The firm is the world’s premier matrimony website for Asians and one of the major marriage sites in India.
- Shaadi.com currently has over 3.2 million success tales and over 35 million userbases worldwide.
Anupam Mittal’s Makaan.com
Anupam Mittal established the foundation for makaan.com to bridge the gap between property purchasers and sellers. The real estate website assists customers in their quest for residences at reasonable pricing.
Anupam Mittal’s Mauj Mobile App
Mauj Mobile Pvt. Ltd., founded on May 12, 2005, is a worldwide mobile media firm that specializes in mobile content and apps such as games, wallpapers, ringtones, matrimonials, and middleware solutions, roaming applications, and messaging gateways.
Anupam Mittal’s Shark Tank Judge
Anupam Mittal is one of the seven sharks or investors on the business reality show Shark Tank India. He would invest in the ideas of aspiring entrepreneurs to help them build a name for themselves in their respective professions.
Anupam Mittal Achievements
Anupam Mittal’s accomplishments and successes have earned him the title of one of Business Week’s 50 Most Powerful People in India. He was also named one of The Week’s 25 Most Followed Businessmen. Furthermore, the Impact Digital Power 100 list dubbed him one of the few symbols of India’s digital economy.